Friday, May 9, 2014

5 on Friday

I remembered 2 weeks in a row...things are looking good.

So here's my 5 random thoughts for this Friday.

/one/
I got a date night!  For those without young kids this is probably no big deal.  But for Caleb and I it's big news.  We maybe on average get about 4 or 5 dates a year...yea an entire 365 days.  So when they do happen, it's news worthy.  We never actually got the chance to go on dates when we were "dating." We went from talking though skype, email, and phone to being married.  Not that I would trade getting married when we did for the world, but when we do get to go out it feels like we're back before we were married. Caleb told me he had to stop for gas on his way home from work and ended up bringing me home beautiful flowers.  We went out to dinner, wandered the mall (so much more enjoyable when you're not chasing little ones.)  And we stopped at a little cafe and picked out some super yummy chocolates for dessert.  It was just what I needed.
/two/
Speaking of the date, we couldn't have done it without our trusty babysitters.  Morgan and Tim have made a few trips down for some interviews.  Morgan actually got a job offer while she was here so they should be moving down near us sometime in June.  It's nice to have people you trust your kids with.  They love her and she likes to spoil them.  I don't remember my babysitters ever ordering pizza and taking me out for icecream :)  Plus we got to spend some girl time doing some wedding shopping for her upcoming day.  That's always a bonus.
/three/
Caleb is going to start working longer shifts and getting three day weekends the next couple weeks.  I'm really looking forward to the 3 day weekends.  However, he's leaving for work at lunch time and won't be home til midnight.  Casen's trigger for meltdowns seems to be Caleb not being here to have dinner with us, so i'm really hoping the work days go smoother than i'm expecting.  Also, these will be extremely difficult weeks for Caleb in the academy, so hopefully he gets enough rest and is able to push through too.

/four/
Anyone have any new exciting recipes to share?  We're into the 80s and 90s weather wise so I don't love running the oven.  I'm out of crockpot, stovetop, and grill ideas.  So, if anyone has any, please share!

/five/
We have new flowers!  We had our daffodils come and go already so it's nice to see these guys popping up.  Thanks to the previous owner because we all know I do not have a green thumb.  I can't even keep a cactus alive.


And here's an extra picture just because.
Casen asked for a bucket and water because his motorcycle needed a "car wash."  He's so much like his dad!

No comments: