Friday, May 2, 2014

5 on Friday

I've seen this done on quite a few blogs and since I seem to have a lack of posts lately, I figured I'd jump on the band wagon.  Caleb has been working some crazy hours (thanks Nascar) so our life has been a little crazy and we've had a lot of non blog worthy posting days.


So here's to 5 on Friday...hopefully I will be able to at least be diligent about doing these.

/one/
Tonight we have a family ice cream date.  We are pretty darn excited.  Caleb and I are pretty guilty of putting the kiddos to bed and deciding we are craving something delicious.  Caleb makes a quick run to the grocery store down the road and we go to bed with bellies full of deliciousness (and calories and sugar...)  So we decided at the beginning of last week that if we made none of those said trips that on Friday we would head to our local ice cream stand for a family date.  I think it's just what everyone needs after the last 2 crazy weeks.

/two/
Last week I realized this horrible truth
My kids have grown up.  I don't know why seeing them both brush their teeth on their own led to this realization.  But it did.

/three/
This week I got into the spirit of spring cleaning.  All my tiles floors have been scrubbed on hands and knees and my wood floors have been "Bona'd"....even under the bed (now I totally know what you were talking about, Liz.)  And I have seen wayyy to many bugs, really, one is too many.  So the house will also be getting sprayed inside and out.

/four/
I can't wait to be able to finish our family room.  It's the last major thing inside our house that i'm itching to change.  I'm thankful Caleb deals pretty well with my impatience.  All of the colors in the room just didn't come out as I had envisioned as well as the set back of not being able to fit a couch in because of the rooms location, so i'm ready to try and fix it.  Hopefully a recliner, some pops of bright red, and we're hoping a nice big picture of Gillette Stadium will do the trick.  It's the room we're in the most so i'd like it to be comfy, cozy, (and pretty wouldn't hurt.)

/five/
And last, but not least, thank goodness it's Friday!


Anyone else up for starting 5 on Fridays?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that last one!

Unknown said...

What is it?! I'm curious!

Cristale said...

What is what haha...the picture?