Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sleep and Picture Update

We had a successful night!
3 nights ago we started cracking down on a bedtime routine and really sticking with the CIO method throughout the night instead of just initially to get him to sleep.  We start a bath at 7:30, read a book, have some milk, and he's put in bed at 8.  The first night was pretty rough.  He still got up every 45 minutes to an hour, but never made it to the ten minute mark before putting himself to sleep.  The second night he woke up four times and only needed to be tended to for one of them.  Last night I put him down and he was still wide awake.  He fell asleep on his own with no tears and slept from 8-1:30, ate, and then went back to sleep until 5. I hope this pattern continues.  He seems to do better in routine... a creature of habit like his momma : )  I'm thankful for my MIL's encouragment to stick with it.

I take too many pictures!
Guilty perhaps?



I'm not quite sure how he managed this one, but he was content to continue playing under there

I found this tugging at my feet when I had placed him across the room.  He's getting pretty good with the scooting and tiny bit of crawling

1 comment:

Sarah Benedict said...

Oh I'm so glad he is getting the whole sleep thing. Its a tough battle but it makes your life so much easier in the end! I love that last picture! And you do NOT take too many pictures! I LOVE it!!!