Thursday, January 22, 2015

One Year

Today marks exactly one year of taking the plunge and becoming first time homeowners.  So much has happened since we first moved into our home.  Since most of that's already been documented on this blog, I figured for this anniversary I'd show you a couple of the rooms that have transformed since the last home tour I gave.

First up is the master bedroom.  This change actually started out of necessity.

Here's what it looked like in the last update I gave you.




It was light and airy and perfect for spring and summer.  I loved the look of it...(after the rug)

And then Caleb started working midnights and my nice light linen curtains didn't do much as far as blocking the sun when one needs to sleep during the day.  So we put in some light blocking curtains that we had from our apartment, which happened to be grey, which really didn't work with my beige and green accents.  So I started building my perfect winter room by switching out a few simple things.




The curtains look purplish with the light,, but in life, they are a really dark grey.  So the beige and green got traded in for dark grey and bright white for the perfect winter retreat.

And who wouldn't wanna dig there toes into this in the morning
Thanks to rugsusa I got this 200 dollar rug(who would pay that for this tiny rug) for...6 dollars!

And I don't think I ever put up a picture of the vanity Caleb got me for my birthday


This spring i'll go back to the warmer colors and possibly find a second layer for my non light blocking curtains so they can be put back up, but for now, i'm really liking the cold weather feel.

No comments: