Thursday, April 3, 2014


My grandpa was one of the funniest men i'll ever meet.  He passed away in May of 2010, just a month before Casen was born.  

When we were growing up for a lot of holidays he would make handmade gifts for us.  He was a carpenter.  He's made me a hope chest, a sitting bench, a foot locker, and even a jewelry box.

When I was younger he also made these beauties

Morgan and I had countless hours of play time with these treasures.  They're the perfect accessory for any doll or stuffed animal :)

This past week my sister came to visit and was able to bring them down for me.  I'm so thankful to have a daughter to get to pass these down to.  She'll never meet my grandpa, but she gets a little piece of his big heart every time she plays with them just like I did.

And hopefully sometime soon i'll be able to bring down the rest of all the goodies he made for me!


Also, while i'm thinking of Arya

We finally were able to go to Arya's one year check up.  We were late with her 9 month because of the move to Virginia so we were a little late with her 12 month check up as well.
She's perfect, of course :)
She weighs 20lbs (45 percentile)
And height is 29.5 inches (38th percentile)
She's right on track or ahead of schedule developmentally and loved strutting her stuff around the doctor's office (stripped down to her diaper.)  She is quite the social butterfly, so the opposite of shy Casen.

 

No comments: