Monday, April 7, 2014

I don't know about anyone else, but I am a serious clearance shopper.  Groceries (if it's the only option) are pretty much the only thing I pay full price for.  It doesn't matter what store we go to, my first stop is usually where the clearance section is.

Our master has been done on a budget.  Since we had been living with white walls I chose bedding and decorations accordingly.  When we changed it to bold teal walls, the decor had to change as well.  Since none of our stuff was technically very old, I didn't feel right spending a ton to freshen it up.  Thankfully, I was able to score deals through the trasition.
     -Comforter set originally 100 on clearance 15
     -84 inch curtain panel originally 40 on clearance for 5!
     -63 inch curtain panel (a little trickier because it had to be special order)  originally 30 on sale for 20
     -Art above our bed originally 40 on clearance for 11
     -and lastly the new rug originally 35 on clearance for 20



I was debating what kind of rug to put it our master.  I knew it needed something to pull it together a little more, as a finishing touch, but I love our wood floors and was hesitant to cover it up.  I wasn't sure what color and pattern I wanted, so, even though the rest of the room was finished, we remained rugless.

Lucky for me, this rug found me in the clearance section.

Before
 After



Since we chose bold wall colors everything else in the room is neutral colors (except for the slight accent color of bright green.)  This rug fits perfectly for me because it sticks with neutral colors without being boring because of the bold pattern.  It's the perfect combo of traditional and fun and it's just the right size to pull the room together without covering up too much of the wood floor.

Our room (i think) is now completely done.

No comments: