Thursday, March 20, 2014

The (almost) Finished Master

If it was only up to me our room would've been painted the color we ended up using in our bathrooms.  If it was only up to Caleb our room would've been black... Soo we compromised and went somewhere in the middle.  Sorry about the horrible quality of pictures.  My camera battery died as soon as I turned it on so these are all from my phone.  And we went with thin curtains so they do not photograph well.

I say almost finished master because we'd still like to put a rug of some sort in.  Unfortunately I'm a little indecisive about it.  I can't decide if I want a big rug that goes underneath the bed and out the sides, an area run on the open space to the left side of the bed and a runner for the other side, or just a runner on both sides.  Besides that, I can't decide if I want to go with another opportunity for a pop of color and pull the green out of the comforter for the rug, or put a nice mainly cream rug in. (thoughts?)  I love our floors so i'm not sure how much I want them covered, but stepping onto a squishy warm carpet first thing in the morning is pretty nice too.

I forgot to take before pictures, but it was just like the rest of the house, beige.

Again, excuse the quality
View from the door

Soo when picking out comforters this probably wouldn't have been my first choice.  However, it was a 100 dollar comforter marked down to 15 dollars...how exactly do you pass that up?  I didn't really care what color it was.  Thankfully, I really like how it fits in with the room.  And for 15 dollars, how long does it really have to last?

Caleb and my thing is Smallville.  So the perfect place to put it is in our bedroom.  It doesn't mess with the look because you can't see it looking in our door, but it adds a little bit of a fun personal touch to our space



My attempt at a picture collage...

The door in this one leads to the upstairs bathroom.


Eventually i'd like to put a vanity in this corner


Another room down!

2 comments:

A Wife and her Carpenter said...

Cristale, everything looks great! I love your picture wall and the fact that you framed the burlap...sooo creative!

I vote for a big rug in something neutral (with a neutral pattern if you want something with more visual interest). A neutral big rug accomplishes two things: 1) with it being neutral, you can change the comforter and not worry about it clashing. 2) A big rug will eliminate the dust that is going to collect under your bed. We bought a big rug because I used to get so tired of trying to clean under the bed in our apartment. We had beautiful dark wood floors too and it showed everything.

Either way though, it looks awesome and I can't wait to see more!

Cristale said...

Thanks Liz!

I never thought about the dust. Good point. We have a microfiber broom thing so now I need to see how it reaches under the bed!

Now to find a rug I love :)