Thursday, February 6, 2014

Slowly But Surely

Still working on unpacking the last of the boxes and finding homes for lots of things, but things are slowly coming together.  Our new family room furniture arrives tomorrow!  And I've ordered all my decor for the dining room.  Caleb has a 3 day weekend last week so he got quite a few projects done and I think we spent a full 24 hours between Lowes, Home Depot, Target, and other home places.

We're making progress in the master.  I found this comforter set that was originally 100 dollars and was down to 15!  So it wasn't the color i'd normally decide as the accent, but you can't really pass up that price.  Once I get some art and decor in here I think it will actually make a really nice accent color, especially since spring and summer are right around the corner.

Casen's room has become much more enjoyable for him :)

I am loving my new washer and dryer!  I knew I wanted a top loader (I forget to throw stuff in until it's already started all the time.) I had no idea how far washer and dryers have come.  At first I was kind of bummed because I love the looks of front loaders and felt like I was going to have to settle for a boring option since I wanted a top, but I was wrong.  Top loading washers have officially become cool looking and I highly recommend this set from LG.

Caleb agreed to a quick trip to the Christmas Tree Store and we found this cute addition for our mud/laundry room.  Perfect for all the odds and ends things that get left at the door.

We finally got rid of the cheap tv stand.  I am loving having one that hides everything.

Thank you so much Jonathan and Liz :)  It was the perfect Christmas gift.  Our house feels like home.

I've been working on putting all the little stuff together.  Caleb is kind of hating the cluttered mantel, but i'm kind of loving it.


And lastly we finally agreed on a bathroom color.  We're going to do the second floor first and if we like it we'll do them both the same.  We bought the color last weekend...now we just need to actually get it on the walls.
Opal Silk by Behr.  Not sure the color exactly translates on the computer.

No comments: