Saturday, December 7, 2013

Big News

We're so excited to finally be able to announce.......


                                                          We have a house!!! (pending inspection and appraisal and all that lovely stuff)

For now I only have the pictures from online because we had no idea what the house was going to look like walking into it, so I didn't plan to bring the camera.  And even after seeing the home we thought it was more then a long shot of us actually getting it.  We've been looking at houses a few months now and in the area we picked houses do not stay on the market long.

 I can't believe after 5 years of moving and renting and let's not forget saving, we finally found our home.  And I get to say dream home, because it really is exactly what I wanted.

 4 bed, 2 bath, 2100 sq ft.

It's a tri level home turned quad because they redid the attic to make it a 4th bedroom.  We realized through house searching that we liked colonial and tri-level homes.  Caleb and I both like having bedroom separate from living areas.  The first time we went looking we saw a tri level and I fell in love with the layout, but the house just wasn't for us.  We both wanted a newly updated house that needed little to no work.  We've been wanting a house for so long we didn't like the idea of having to move in and not be totally in love with it.  Of course this is all completely our own taste, we have nothing against houses that need work and if either of us was more handy we probably would've thought about it as an option :)  We had a couple colonials we thought were the one and ended sadly, but I am now so thankful they did because I am so in love with this house!

The living room when you first walk in.  The new red door is one of my favorite things :)

Eat in kitchen/dining room


Family room (we plan to make this the place we hang out and the living room more of just a formal space.)

laudry/mud room

Finished attic that's a 4th bedroom.  Perfect playroom and for when we have visitors.

One of the 3 other bedrooms (they all look pretty much the same)

downstairs bathroom...we don't have pics of the upstairs one, but it's pretty similar

And at the top of Caleb's wish list...a garage!




We do have a yard, it's on the smaller side, but the average size for this area.  We don't have any pictures of that, but it's pretty with lots of trees :)



And that's it in a nutshell!  I will keep posting updates as we make them.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A two-door garage was one of Dad's "musts" when we moved :) - Love it!

Sarah Benedict said...

I LOVE it Cristale! I talked to Caleb last night, and I'm sure he passed along our excitement for you guys but figured I'd post it here as well! I can't wait to see it!