Friday, June 13, 2014

5 on Friday

Here we are again

Drawing a blank on this particular Friday, but I shall do my best.

/one/
Last weekend we asked Casen what he wanted to do and "going to the fish store" was his answer.  So we had a fun day at Bass Pro.  We had Auntie Mo and Tim meet up with us there and we tried out the restaurant attached to it.  Caleb and Casen had their first taste of alligator.  I wasn't a fan, but they both really liked it.  I'm thankful both my kids are completely happy just wandering stores for entertainment when it's too hot or too rainy to play outside.



/two/
We've had a sick little man on our hands.  Tuesday out of the blue Casen started saying his back really hurt.  Shortly after we noticed his fever and he had the aches so bad he walked hunched over and winced when you even touched him.  He still has a low grade fever and seems to be starting a runny nose.  I'm not really sure what he has.  We think most likely the flu.  His temps were around 103 with no meds and as cute as he is, he looked awful.  But it looks like he's finally on the mend.

/three/
I think I have finally perfected my cookies..you know that recipe every mom has that they get to pass down to their kids?  Both my mom and my mother in law gave me their cookie recipes and i've made them both, but I wanted my own.

/four/
Caleb found out his permanent shift after he graduates the academy will be midnights.  Please pray for this upcoming transition for us.  I think it'll be a great shift once the kids are in school, but until then I think it may be a little bumpy.  I'm glad Caleb just had an alarm system installed because i'm am one huge baby about sleeping alone at night.  I'm so proud of him though and am thankful he has work to go to, no matter what shift it is.

/five/
Does anyone have plans for Father's Day?  Caleb said he wanted to do some low key stuff around home so I think Starbucks, church, checking out a new park, and grilling some yummy steaks are what's on our list for Sunday.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  Happy Friday :)

No comments: