Tuesday, July 10, 2018

New York

I have pictures from about three days of our 12 day trip.  Caleb and I basically lived without our phones and it was pretty awesome.  We got to visit both of my brothers new houses!

I got to start out the trip with my birthday.  I woke up to New York flowers picked by the kids and was spoiled with gifts from Caleb (cannot wait for our at home fondue date night.)  Tyler made a pretty awesome birthday meal for me too!


The kids thoroughly enjoyed his breakfast sandwiches every morning

I didn't have my phone but the kids had a blast the next day playing on the "playground," making smores, and swimming at Uncle Pat's house.

Casen wanted to celebrate his birthday with his cousins Mac and Cam so we threw a party for him a week before his actual birthday.  I, of course, never had my phone.  The 4 cousins are finally all old enough now that they can go off and play together and they loved it.  I think they all cried when it was time to go.  Casen requested a shark party this year.






The day we got back Casen had to start on his gift from the girls.  Digging for gems and making a volcano was right up his alley.  He loved it.

We went to a little wing place and Casen ate so much more then we all thought he would!  It was a big hit.

The day after his party my parents took the kids and we got to have some alone time hanging out with my siblings while they got to have some one on one time with the grandparents.  We did some official adulting!  Late night pool and games with the whole gang!


We had a day of being fancy, trying new wines, cheeses, and meats while making some delicious tortellini






We got to walk the bridge to Vermont and climb to the top of the lighthouse


We checked out a really cool brewery in Vermont.  Go to Otter Creek Brewery if you ever find yourself in the area.  They are super friendly and the beer and food are amazing.


they even had fresh homemade lemonade for the mama to be :)

While we were adulting the kids were kept busy at my parent's house. They got to go strawberry picking, swimming, and lots of icecream creations.




After that we headed to my parent's house.  Caleb and I made a quick pit stop in Lake Placid for the Lake Placid brewery.  If you've never been there, it has to be on your list!

We got to quickly cross paths with Caleb's parent's while we were both in town



We celebrated Casen's actual birthday.  He somehow turned 8 this year.  He requested bacon and french toast for breakfast, Italian Affair pizza for dinner, and he discovered how delicious ice cream floats are for dessert. 





The pool was used in abundance.







Casen discovered his love of a BB gun at Uncle Tyler's house so he asked if he could do some more target practice at Papas.  And the kids had the assistance of the expert kite flyer and loved it.



We're already planning our next trip to the Ticonderoga neck of the woods!  We had a blast and are still talking about all the memories we made.

No comments: