Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Calebs Birthday

Caleb had to work the night before and the night of his birthday, so technically speaking, he worked twice during his birthday.  It sucks with midnight shift and it makes it really hard to make his day special, but he's a champ and didn't even complain.

I think the first 5 years in the Marines has helped a ton in realizing sometimes you just have to get creative and think of different ways to celebrate.  

He goes into work at 7pm so I sent him with a box he couldn't open until midnight when it was now technically his birthday.  I had him open cards on the 29th minute of most of the hours he worked and filled the box with goodies to make it through.  



When he came home we of course had cheesy birthday decorations and his actual presents for him.




My parents sent him venison sticks with his birthday gift.  He was pretty excited.

After dinner we got to enjoy the pie.
He's just so cute!

And then off to work he went again.

Thankfully he had the next day off and we really celebrated.  The patriots game was on so caleb made us some delicious wings and we invited Tyler and katie to come down to celebrate with us.  It, as always, was a complete blast and I got zero pictures of all the escapades, but I think every night we were up until 3am and im pretty sure we were laughing 99 percent of that time.  It was a great birthday weekend!


Calebs salute to service jersey was his christmas present from me this year that I never got a picture of :)

No comments: